A number of funding providers have launched dedicated fund channels for community groups and organisations to help them to deliver provisions for our most vulnerable residents.
If you have an idea that would help your community and need funding, see the below providers and links to submit your application. If you apply and are successful, let us know! Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Lancashire Covid-19 Community Support Fund
Community Foundation for Lancashire has launched the Lancashire COVID-19 Community Support Fund for community and voluntary organisations on the frontline.
Funding will be initially awarded under the following priorities:
• Food/care package delivery to vulnerable people self-isolating
• Delivery of services and projects supporting the most vulnerable, such as older people e.g. a telephone support/friendship service or delivering online activities to help reduce isolation
• Emotional and mental health wellbeing, including domestic abuse
• Financial Inclusion, support to access benefits and debt advice
Apply - https://lancsfoundation.org.uk/funds/lancashire-covid-19-community-support-fund
National Lottery Community Fund
The Fund has two key objectives:
• To increase community support to vulnerable people affected by the COVID-19 crisis, through the work of civil society organisations.
• To reduce temporary closures of essential charities and social enterprises, ensuring services for vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 have the financial resources to operate, and so reduce the burden on public services.
Coronavirus Community Support Fund – under £10,000
Coronavirus Community Support Fund – over £10,000
Awards for All
Jigsaw Foundation Fund
The Jigsaw Foundation offer funds for projects which make a difference to the lives of our residents and their communities. The fund is open to charities, residents and community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and local partner agencies.
Particularly interested in receiving applications which are resident led. All projects must positively
impact at least one of the themes:
• Health and wellbeing and social inclusion
• Employment, individual capacity building, enterprise and training
• Environmental improvement
• Sustaining tenancies
• Financial and digital inclusion
For more details contact the Jigsaw Foundation team on 0300 111 1133
Tesco Bags of Help
Tesco Bags of Help has responded to the current COVID-19 crisis by setting up a new fund to support local communities. In order respond quickly to the emergency we have created a streamlined application and payment process to make it easier to get funds out quickly.
The programme will provide a single payment award of £500 to organisations who are supporting vulnerable groups, as part of their emergency response in supporting local communities.
Typically, the fund will support organisations that have experienced
Increased demand – a holiday hunger club needs more resources to support children through the summer months or a food bank whose stocks are running low and needs an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
Disrupted services – a local charity setting up a delivery service to replace its monthly lunch club, or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
New services – a health focused charity having to set up a new online patient service requires new IT equipment or a mental health charity developing a new service.
Sport England – Community Emergency Fund
Any organisation delivering community sport and physical activity can apply to our fund if it’s experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the impact of coronavirus
For more details on funding please see our main funding webpage at