The following allotment sites are owned and managed by Chorley Council:
• Crosse Hall, off Crosse Hall Lane, Chorley, PR6 9AW
• Windsor Road, off Sandringham Road, Chorley, PR7 1LG
• Worthy Street, Chorley, PR6 0PG. also accessed from Buchanan Street, Chorley. Located behind terraced housing and alley gates.
• Moor Road, Chorley, PR7 2NT – PR7 2NG. located behind terraced housing
• Bay Horse, off Church Hill, Whittle-le-Woods, PR6 7LQ
• School Lane, Brinscall
• Manor Road, Clayton-le-Woods, PR6 7JR
• Rangletts Recreation Ground, Brindle Street, Chorley, PR7 3HR
Other allotment sites are available in the borough and are managed by:
• Tansley Avenue, Coppull – Coppull Parish Council
• Kem Mill Lane Allotments – Cuerden Valley Trust
• Cophurst lane Allotments near the Top Lock Pub – private ownership
Allotment locations can be found by selecting allotments in the My Maps section of My Chorley on the Chorley Council website.
The annual rent is currently £47.00 per plot, regardless of the location or size of the plot. If you are over 60 the rent is half.
How to get an allotment plot
Allotments are in high demand within the borough of Chorley, and as a result we operate an allotment waiting list.
We have around 90 people on our waiting list and it is currently taking around 2 years from joining the waiting list to being allocated an allotment plot.
Anyone wishing to place their name on the waiting list should contact us (01257 515151) and provide your name, address, a day time telephone number and an email address (if you have one). Please let us know if you have a preference for any particular allotment site.
Whilst you wait to be allocated an allotment plot of your own, why not get involved with the Astley Walled Gardeners or Chorley In Bloom.
If you join our allotment waiting list, please make sure that you let us know if any of your contact details change. If we cannot contact you by telephone or email when a plot becomes available, we will remove you from the allotment waiting list.