Toggle menu

Domestic abuse support

Emergency services

If you or somebody you know is in immediate danger then please call 999.

If you hear an incident and think that a neighbour is in danger, or any children they may have, then we would suggest contacting the police. The police have a responsibility to respond and to undertake a risk assessment where there is domestic abuse taking place. 


Lancashire County Council (LCC)

If you are concerned about the welfare of any children, you can contact LCC children's services. They can work with a parent to help them protect their children from harm. 

Some adults aged 18 and over due to age, disability, illness or lifestyle may not be able to protect themselves against domestic abuse. If you are concerned about the welfare of an adult, you can contact LCC adult social care service.


Safenet offers a range of different services and tailors them to suit each person's individual needs.

This includes refuge services for women and children, male safe houses, community-based support and specialist refuges for those with additional needs, such as addiction, mental health issues and ex-offending behaviours.

View more information on the Safenet website.


Lancashire Victim Services (LVS)

LVS offers advice, advocacy and support to any victims over the age of 16 who are at high risk of significant harm.  

The service is free, independent and confidential.  

They can provide emotional support and help with housing, benefits and legal advice, help people to support any children that may be involved and provide information and take action to help people stay safe.

View more information on the Lancashire Victim Services website.

LVS have also created some guidance for staying safe when self-isolating with an abuser during the Coronavirus pandemic.  

Telephone: 0300 323 0085


Clare House Women's Refuge

This is a purpose-built refuge for women and children who are experiencing domestic violence or living in fear of a partner or family member.

View more information on the Clare House Women's Refuge website.

A domestic abuse helpline is also available for residents of Chorley and South Ribble where they can speak to an advisor in confidence.

Telephone: 01772 435865

Text:  07790 971237 


Chorley Women's Centre

This is an independent organisation run by volunteers dedicated to supporting women of all ages and circumstances. Volunteers are warm, friendly, approachable and fully trained.

Their main role is to provide listening and support.  

You can also see a fully qualified counsellor by arrangement free of charge.  

Telephone: 01257 265342

View more information on the Chorley Women's Centre website 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email