Toggle menu

Planning enforcement

Breaches of planning

Our Planning Enforcement Officers are responsible for investigating possible breaches of planning control. View more information on planning enforcement on the GOV.UK website.

View a planning enforcement appeal

The easiest way to view a planning enforcement appeal is through planning online, our database for planning applications. 

You can view a planning application, appeals, and enforcement appeals and associated documents without an account.

How to report a breach of planning control

You can report an alleged breach of planning control by reporting it online, by email, in writing, or in person at our offices. Please provide as much information as possible when you report a breach to us.

Report breach of planning control

We reserve the right to refuse to accept anonymous complaints. 

Our contact details are: 

Planning Enforcement
Chorley Council 
Civic Offices 
Union Street 
PR7 1AL 

Telephone: 01257 515151

We store the details of any complainant securely and confidentially, you can view more information on our Privacy Notice.


More information

We have produced a  Local Enforcement Plan (PDF) [329KB] which gives full details of how the service operates and what you can expect from it.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email