Report a problem with a food business
If you want to make a complaint about food you have purchased, or if you are unhappy about the place where you have bought food you can report it to us by completing a general enquiry or by calling 01257 515151. We will then contact you to discuss your complaint.
You can also make a complaint on the Food Standards Agency website.
Complaints we can help with
We can deal with complaints about food premises including:
- hygiene of both the premises and staff or a pest infestation.
We can deal with complaints about food safety including:
- food poisoning, poor food handling practices and foreign bodies in food
We are unable to deal with:
- poor quality service and/or food
- overcharging or pricing issues
- premises located outside the Chorley Council area. If you have a complaint about premises in another area, please contact that local authority.