Toggle menu

Deductions from your benefits

Attachment of Benefits Order 

If you do not pay the Council Tax you owe we can ask the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to take money directly from your benefit.

Deductions can be made from Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Pension Credit, Income Support and Employment Support Allowance to pay liability orders for unpaid Council Tax.

The order will stay in place until the amount you owe under the order is paid, or your entitlement to benefit changes.

The amount of money deducted will depend on the type of benefit you receive.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email