Toggle menu

Committal to prison

If enforcement agents (bailiffs) have been unable to remove goods to pay for your debt, and all other recovery options are inappropriate, we can ask the magistrates' court to send you a summons to attend a committal hearing.

The cost of serving the summons will be added to your debt.

At the hearing we will ask the court to decide whether to send you to prison for not paying your Council Tax.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email