Toggle menu

Gambling Act 2005 premises licence

Under the Gambling Act 2005, we are the licensing authority for premises licences for each of the following activities:

  • betting shops
  • bingo halls
  • casinos
  • adult gaming centres
  • family entertainment centres (if having category C and D machines)

Before an application can be made for a premises licence from us, an operators' licence is required from the Gambling Commission

Applications can be made for a provisional statement without an operator's licence, but one must be obtained before a premises licence can be obtained.

You are strongly advised to take independent legal advice before submitting your application to ensure that you comply with all the legal requirements.

Further information is available on the Gambling Commission website.   


The application forms are available on the gambling commission website.

Gambling premises licence application forms

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email