Health and safety policy statement
We are committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, contractors, and the public.
We believe that nothing we do should harm our employees or others.
We value an individual's health, safety and wellbeing above everything else.
We take responsibility for our actions or inactions, and consider the effect that these have on the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and others.
We are accountable for the health and safety performance and outcomes associated with the Council's activities and undertaking.
- set standards for health and safety performance, and meet or exceed these standards
- provide suitable and sufficient resources when and where required
- ensure employees are consulted and listened to, and receive appropriate and timely information, supervision, support, training, and learning and development
- welcome and encourage challenge where there are unsafe behaviours or poor practice
- monitor, audit and review our health and safety performance, and take action to improve
- seek and adopt good practice, learn from experience, share learning, and develop a positive health and safety culture that is fair and just.
- every employee to take responsibility for their own and other's health, safety and wellbeing and to maintain a high standard of health and safety at work
- health, safety and wellbeing to be a priority that is never compromised
- leaders at all levels to demonstrate safe behaviours and practices
- managers and employees to be held accountable for health and safety standards
- on-going learning, development, training and mentoring to be provided to enable employees to lead and work safely
- risks to be properly assessed and managed
- our partners to adopt or exceed our own high standards