Council Tax Support Fund 2023/24
To help you with the rising cost of living, this fund provides a reduction of up to £85 towards your 2023/2024 Council Tax Bill.
You are eligible for a payment if:
· You are working or pension age; and
· You are in receipt of Council Tax Support on 1 April 2023; and
· You have a balance of Council Tax to pay for 2023/24 AFTER Council Tax Support has been applied to your bill.
You do not need to make an application, if you are eligible we will automatically reduce your bill.
New eligible Council Tax Support claimants will also receive this support until the funding runs out.
If you are a joint tenant who receives full help towards your portion of the Council Tax bill, you will not receive a payment. For example, you are a joint tenant who receives Guaranteed Pension Credit.
Joint tenants who are entitled to this reduction will not automatically have their bill reduced and will be contacted separately.
Council Tax Support Fund Discretionary Payments
If you are struggling to pay your bill there may be further discretionary payments available. To be eligible you must:
· Be in receipt of Council Tax Support; and
· Have a balance to pay for 2023/24 after benefit has been awarded; and
· You are not entitled to any other additional help towards your Council Tax from any other scheme
These discretionary payments are limited to 1 x £50 payment per claimant in 2023/24.
If you want to apply for additional help through this scheme, please contact us.