There is procedure for when a complaint is received that a member, co-opted member or parish member has or may have failed to comply with the relevant Code of Conduct for members within the council's constitution.

Complaints about councillors must be made in writing.

Make a complaint about a councillor

You can make a complaint about a councillor by emailing

Alternatively, you can write to:

The Monitoring Officer
Chorley Council
Town Hall
Market Street

To view the process in full please view more information on the constitution of the council, select the most recent constitution, then member code of conduct.

Update cookies preferences