Pay Council Tax by Direct Debit
Why not sign up today for paperless Council Tax bills! Did you know it costs us around 50p to send a bill through the post? You can make your life easier, save paper and save us money by signing up to paperless bills. It's easy to sign up and only takes a few minutes.
Paying by Direct Debit is a safe and easy way to pay your Council Tax. Paying by direct debit means:
- you have a choice of payment date
- you do not have to remember to pay on the due date
- no more cheques to write or letters to post
- no more queuing to pay
- no more phone calls to pay your Council Tax.
When you receive your new bill
If you pay by direct debit you don't need to do anything, the payments will be taken automatically under the existing direct debit. The dates the payments will be taken are shown on your bill.
To set up a direct debit you will need:
- an email address
- your Council Tax reference number which can be found on your Council Tax bill
- your bank or building society name, address, account number and sort code
- you must be the liable person of the Council Tax account and the bank account holder to set up a direct debit for Council Tax.
Direct Debit payment options:
- you can choose to pay your Direct Debit monthly in 10 or 12 instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of each month.