Information for members of the public

If you have suffered personal injury or damage to your property as a result of actions by the council, you may consider making a claim. For the claim to be successful you will need to prove that the council has been negligent and has not done everything that is reasonable to protect you or your property. There is no automatic entitlement to compensation when something happens - the alleged incident may not have been the fault of the council. 

You have six years from the date of the incident to claim for property damage and three years for personal injury claims. 

If the claim relates to an incident on a footpath or a road, please contact Lancashire County Council which has responsibility for adopted highways within the Borough of Chorley. 

Make an insurance claim 

If you are a member of the public wanting to make an insurance claim against the Council, please click below and complete the insurance claim form:  

Chorley and South Ribble Insurance

Please note: The information will be captured by a third-party website. If you are uploading pictures to support your claim there is a maximum upload size of 35MB. 

By completing this form, you consent to us using and storing your personal information in line with the Council's privacy policy which is available on the Council's website. To consider your claim, your information will be shared with third party systems and other organisations.   


Update cookies preferences