Meals on wheels
We are currently working with ICare, a meals on wheels provider, who can offer a daily hot meal or frozen delivery service for qualifying Chorley residents.
ICare have been providing meals across Lancashire and beyond for over 20 years. They have helped thousands of older people thanks to their range of home delivered hot and frozen meals and desserts.
Their reputation for care and quality food has led to them becoming one of the UK's leading delivery services for frozen ready meals.
We want our residents to enjoy healthy meals throughout the week, so this service is being provided to make things that bit easier for people who live alone or find it difficult to spend time preparing meals.
You can expect:
- choice. ICare provide hot meals, frozen meals and tea-time sandwiches, catering for all dietary requirements and offering a wide range and choice of options
- hot meals delivered to your home up to 7 days per week at lunchtime
- quality customer service. ICare delivery personnel are not just drivers they are also trained in care service. They can be relied on to help you make your menu choices and keep a friendly eye on your wellbeing and become a familiar face that visits you regularly
- flexibility. You can choose to have your meal plated if you are having a hot meal, or your frozen meal put in the freezer.
Apply for meals on wheels
We offer a subsidised service for those who meet the qualifying criteria to enable them to receive delivery of up to 5 daily hot meals and a dessert for a reduced cost of £4. Please contact ICare on 0845 604 1125 who can discuss the criteria with you and inform you if you qualify for the subsidy.
As well as living in the Borough of Chorley, you will need to answer yes to 3 of the 6 questions below:
- do you live alone?
- are you aged over 65 years?
- are you unable to prepare food for yourself?
- do you have any medical conditions that prevent you preparing food for yourself?
- do you have any mental health problems that prevent you preparing food for yourself?
- do you have any physical difficulties that prevent you preparing food for yourself?
If you do not qualify for the subsidy, you can still arrange for daily hot or frozen meals to be provided by ICare.
For more details on how to arrange for meals to be delivered to your home, please contact ICare on 0845 604 1125 or alternatively you can visit the ICare website for more information.
Meals on wheels benefits
We want you to enjoy healthy meals throughout the week, so this service is being provided to make things that bit easier for people who live alone or find it difficult to spend time making meals.
The benefits are:
- a subsidised service that gives you great value for money with a wide choice of dishes
- you do not have to worry about the cost of buying food
- it saves you energy costs because you do not have to cook
- you do not have to worry about preparing a meal
- a friendly face will check you are OK while they deliver your meal
- ideal for carers' breaks.