Visit the Primrose Gardens website
Primrose gardens began its journey on the site of the long stay car park on Fleet Street in Chorley town centre, where the demolition of the ambulance hall and the former primrose cottage, which inspired its name today was undertaken.
The scheme in total took just over 2 years to complete, and the first resident moved in in October 2019. Primrose Gardens is ideally located in the centre of Chorley with all local amenities to hand such as:
- sports and leisure
- excellent transport links
- community and health centres
What is extra care housing?
Extra care combines accommodation with care/support services, it is like sheltered housing but offers help with personal care, household chores and accessing the local community, allowing everyone the freedom and independence of having their own front door.
Primrose extra care scheme offers:
- 65 self-contained 1 or 2 bedroom modern apartments over 3 floors on a rental basis only
- on- site trained and dedicated care and support staff (registered with CQC)
- emergency background care (alarms) throughout the scheme, with 24 hour help available
- communal facilities such as; lounge, quiet lounge, pamper bathroom, guest overnight room (bookable with a fee), laundry facilities, large landscaped gardens, scooter storage, café/bistro, hairdressers, conference room, planned activities, exercise classes, 24 hour reception staff
- sense of community and safe living
- pets welcome.
The 65 apartments are set over 3 floors and can be accessed via stairs or lift.
Each self-contained stylish apartment is designed to be user friendly and will have:
- a spacious living room with telephone points and aerial sockets
- Wi-Fi available but this will need to be arranged by each tenant
- high quality kitchen, including a full range of modern wall and base units, with built in hob and oven
- level access en-suit shower room
- all apartments are double glazed and centrally heated
- each apartment has an outside terrace/ balcony with enough room for a small table and chairs
- adaptations can be made such as grab rails added etc
- alarms throughout, each resident is given an alarm pendant to call for emergency care/ support should this be required.
The care support will depend on your needs which will be detailed in your assessment, these can include the following:
- support with washing/ dressing etc
- managing medication
- household tasks
- social activities
- managing finances (not appointee ship)
Who can access extra care housing?
- people over the age of 55 years of age
- people able to live safely on their own with or without support.
If you are a single person or a couple and one of you has a care need, extra care accommodation could make it possible for you to continue to live together.
For more information please view the Primrose Gardens allocation policy and criteria.
You will need contact your local council for a free social care needs assessment if you think extra care housing might be the right choice for you. This will look at what care you need and the best way for you to get it. Everyone applying to Primrose Gardens will need to apply for this, as this forms part of the application process.
Please email ACSCustomer.email@example.com to request a social care needs assessment.
Apply for Primrose Gardens
To apply for Primrose Gardens you will need to first of all register your interest using our online form, a member of the team will then be in touch to discuss your application.
Apply for Primrose Gardens
Alternatively, you can telephone the team at Primrose Gardens on 01257 515151 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advantages of extra care living:
- staying Independent for longer
- having your own living space
- 24hr emergency support
- flexible care and support, care can be increased and decreased as your needs/ requirements change
- opportunities to socialise with other residents and feel part of the community
- town centre living, being near to shops, health centres etc.