Green bin (non recyclable waste)
The green bin is for your non-recyclable household waste.
View information on how to order a replacement bin.
View information on how to order an additional green bin.
Things that should go in your green bin:
- food waste
- disposable nappies, wet wipes, tissues
- plastic film, carrier bags, wrappings
- polystyrene packaging
- pet waste
- any other non-recyclable or non-reusable items.
Things that cannot go in your green bin:
- any items that should go into your recycling bins such as paper, card, plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays, cans and glass
- electrical items and batteries
- hazardous waste such as asbestos, car batteries and oil - you can take these items to your nearest recycling centre (tip)
- DIY items such as builders waste and rubble.