Grey bin (garden waste)
The grey bin is for your compostable garden waste which is a chargeable service.
To subscribe please view more information on our garden waste collection service.
Things that go in your grey bin:
- grass cuttings
- flowers, plants and weeds with the soil removed
- twigs and small branches
- real Christmas trees (chopped up)
- houseplants and flower cuttings
- straw animal bedding (such as bedding used for guinea pigs or rabbits).
Things you cannot put in your grey bin:
- large branches and pieces of wood
- treated wood
- soil and turf
- rubble, hardcore, sand, grit
- cat litter and dog faeces
- plastic of any kind
- food waste.