Our role in emergencies
We are the same as any other local authority and have a statutory responsibility to respond to a major emergency. These responsibilities are shared between the other members of the Lancashire Resilience Forum, the main roles are:
- support the emergency services
- assistance to people in distress
- co-ordination of activities of the various elements local authorities and other agencies
- consultation with the police, release of information to the media and advice to the public
- maintenance and restoration of local authority services
In order to carry out this role it is necessary for us to have a prepared emergency plan.