Tips and recycling centres
Recycling centres are operated by Lancashire County Council (LCC).
If you have extra household waste or recyclable materials, or have any larger items you wish to dispose of, you can take some items to your local recycling centre (tip).
There are currently some restrictions at recycling centres due to the coronavirus pandemic. View the latest recycling centre restrictions on the Lancashire County Council website.
Local recycling centres
- Coppull Road, Chorley, PR7 3QN
- Flensburg Way, Farington, PR26 9PH
Opening hours are 9am to 5pm all year round open 7 days a week , excluding Christmas day and new years day.
Items that can be taken to a recycling centre
The following items can be taken to a recycling centre:
- garden waste
- newspapers, magazines, paper and cardboard
- glass bottles and jars, cans and plastics, cartons
- electronic equipment
- scrap metal
- textiles, clothes and shoes
- fridges/freezers, large domestic appliances
- household and car batteries
- gas bottles
- rubble and hardcore
- household chemicals and oils
- plaster and plasterboard
- asbestos fluorescent tubes
View more information on items that can be taken to a recycling centre (tip) on the Lancashire County Council website.