A great place to work
- Flexible working arrangements to give you a good work life balance
- Employees are supported to work remotely
- Fair and competitive salaries
- Generous annual leave
- Local government pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free car parking and car allowances
- Access to a variety of shopping discounts through MyRewards
- Free cash back scheme for health care costs
- Secondment opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support
Exciting future and major developments
Like other authorities and publicly funded organisations, we are dealing with significant challenges and having to make substantial savings.
Despite these pressures, we are making good progress on ambitious projects to improve the borough.
Some of the exciting projects, events and major developments include:
- Primrose Gardens and Tatton Gardens and recreation ground developments
- Strawberry Fields Digital Hub
- WestWay Sports Hub
- Astley Hall restoration
- Improvements to working environment for council staff to support hybrid working
- Supporting the climate emergency
- Award winning events
- Strawberry Meadows Business Park
- New carbon neutral GP surgery to increase provision for residents in Whittle-Le-Woods
- Development of the Alker Lane business and industrial hub in Euxton
- Market Walk Shopping Centre
- and much more......
Excellent transport links
With major motorway and rail links to Manchester and Preston, including to Liverpool and Manchester Internal Airports, Chorley is an attractive place for people to live, work and visit. This is reflected in the borough's bustling population, which is consistently increasing.
Our main office locations are:
- Chorley Town Hall, Market Street, Chorley, PR7 1DP
- Civic Offices, Union Street, Chorley, PR7 1AL
The Corporate Strategy is the overarching strategic plan that sets out our vision, priorities, and long-term outcomes over a 4 year period. This provides a clear statement of what we want to achieve and provides direction for subsequent plans in the planning process.
The current Corporate Strategy identifies four key priorities:
- Involving residents in improving their local area and equality of access for all
- Clean, safe and healthy homes and communities
- A strong local economy
- An ambitious council that does more to meet the needs of residents and the local area.
View more information on our Corporate Strategy
Shared Services with South Ribble Borough Council
We share a number of services with South Ribble Borough Council.
View more information on Shared Services with South Ribble Borough Council
Some roles we advertise will be shared services roles, meaning the successful applicant, while will be employed by one council, will work across both Chorley and South Ribble authorities.