Toggle menu


Report service issues

If you have a service related issue you can report these directly online. If your issue is service related, please find the service using our home page or by using the search option. This is the quickest way to get your issue resolved.

If you cannot find what you are looking for please use the general enquiry form.

General enquiry


Make a complaint

We do not always get it right. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please let us know. Where we have let you down, we will try to put things right immediately. 

You can make a complaint online, alternatively you can make a complaint by:

  • calling us on 01257 515151
  • visiting our Union Street offices
  • writing to Chorley Council, PO BOX 352, Chorley, PR7 1AL

make a complaint


How we deal with complaints

Once we have received a complaint we will:

  • acknowledge that we have received your complaint, including an explanation of what will happen next and the name of the person dealing with the complaint within 5 working days
  • where it is not possible to resolve the issue immediately, the complaint will be passed to the relevant service lead or manager
  • we aim to provide a full response within 10 working days
  • if it is more complex, it might take longer, but we will keep you up to date on progress at regular intervals and let you know when you can expect to receive a full response.

If you are not satisfied at this point, then your complaint may be referred to the Chief Executive. Again, you will be kept informed of progress and we aim to deal with the matter within 10 working days.

Not all complaints follow this procedure. For some services there are special complaints and appeal procedures that are set by law. Examples include:

  • disagreement with housing benefit entitlement
  • planning appeals
  • complaints about a councillor

If these apply to your complaint, then we will let you know the procedure that needs to be followed.


If you are still unhappy

If you are still unhappy with the way we have dealt with your complaint you can contact the Local Government ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Telephone: 0845 602 1983

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email